- Gideon Tolman, Financial Management Analyst, Sr.
Executive Agency Legislation Process
The process for developing legislation can be found in the Executive Agency Legislation Process Manual. This manual will assist you in the mechanics of drafting legislation and the process we undertake to review each proposal to ensure conformity with the Governor's priorities and initiatives. As a reminder, all Executive Branch agencies must submit legislation through this process.
The Executive Agency Legislation System (EALS) may be accessed at http://apps.dfm.idaho.gov/eals and Executive Agency Legislative System User Manual on how to use the on-line application is available to assist you. If you have questions, please contact your DFM analyst.
Please adhere to the following deadlines:
- June - Agencies submit ideas.
- August 5 - Last day to submit legislative ideas.
- August - The Governor’s Office and DFM will review ideas and agencies will be notified via e-mail of the approval or disapproval as they are reviewed.
- August - September - Agencies submit proposed/draft legislation.
- September 16 - Last day to submit proposed/draft legislation.
- September – October - The Governor’s Office and DFM will review proposals and agencies will be notified via e-mail of the approval or disapproval as they are reviewed.
- November - Bills returned to agency for review and final changes.
- December 5 - Last day for any changes to proposed/draft legislation.
- December - Approved legislation will be posted on the DFM website.
- January (2017) - All approved legislation is delivered to the House and Senate.
If you need a user ID and password for EALS please contact Gideon Tolman at email@example.com or call 854-3082. All other questions should be directed to your special assistant in the Governor’s Office or your DFM analyst.
Thank you for your continued efforts on behalf of Idaho’s citizens.